Construction of The House on Different Types of Lands
A meritorious plot is that which is square, round and parallel in shape as well as having road in east and north direction.
The most auspicious plot is those which has a road in its north or east direction whose shape is square, round and parallel.
A good plot is those which has road in its east or north direction and those which has a road in its west or south direction as well as is square, round and parallel in shape.
A normal plot or piece of land is those which has road in its south or south-west direction as well as is square, round and parallel in shape.
A plot should be changed into the square in shape for living purpose.
The plot which is not round or parallel in shape and in under which, water tank, well or tube well is present is considered as good according to vaastu shaastra only when it is in east, north-east or north directions. As much it is deep as it is considered as good. The place of well or water tank should be little lower than house’s platform (stage). In the compound of old temple, there was water tank in east or north-east direction. With the help of these water tanks only, wealth or prosperity was obtained. In modern time too, water is needed for worshipping God done as in ancient time. The location of keeping water tank also gives various results like-
If the water tank is kept in the north-east direction, it is considered as the best. It is responsible for the increment of wealth and fortune.
Keeping water tank in east direction is also considered as good and it increases wealth, fortune and prosperity.
Having any type of well or keeping water tank in south-east direction has been considered as wrong. It is responsible for one’s destruction completely, lack of happiness and peace, a physical trouble of women, etc. the master of the house has to face many troubles for his children, sometimes there is a possibility of death too.
If the water tank is kept in the south-west direction, it also not considered as auspicious. It is responsible for loss in the house, quarreling of the house’s master.
If water tank has been constructed or kept in west direction, it is considered as normal. One goes on fearing from enemies and there is also a chance of getting unfavorable results.
If the water tank is present in the north-west direction, it is also considered as normal and one goes on fearing from enemies as well as it is also responsible for getting unfavorable results.
Having water tank in north direction has been considered as the best. It is responsible for the increment of wealth and fortune as well as family members always remain happy.
If the water tank is kept or constructed in the center of the house, it is very harmful and causes one’s destruction completely; there is a chance of diseases, loss of one’s property and death.
If the water tank is present in the base of the house, the possibility of disease and ruin (destruction) is increased. Therefore, water tank and well should be kept or constructed only in east or north-east direction as far as possible.
It should be kept in the mind that if well, water tanks and borings are not in the right direction in the house, it must be changed otherwise one may have to face troubles for whole life. Also, any type of tantra-mantra or divine mean can become the success.
It is very important to know about the right place on the entire plot for creating vaastu shaastra. Even creating beautiful Vaastu shaastra on any place, if space is left vacant around it in unsuitable direction, troubles start coming again. So, it is very important to know the right place of vastu. Vaastu should be created always from the south-west direction of the plot.
The bandhakam of vastu must be done only in ¼ part of the plot. Vaastu can be created on it up to 4-5 floors and ¾ part of it should be left open. This type of place should be kept more in east and north directions while less in south and west direction. Good quality of the east and north directions gives little happiness and peace while the south-west direction of the plot has stupefaction and heaviness as well as the whole environment of the house is based in only one vibration and less problem also come in the house.
House should be made by leaving as much space in the east and north directions as possible. But, leaving as less space in west and south directions as it is considered as good. In the open verandah located in south and west directions should be used for planting maximum plants and creepers so that the unwanted impact of those directions would not fall on the house. Family members have to face fewer problems. Trees and plants should not have in east and north direction as far as possible, because of the trees and plants in this direction of creating the obstruction in natural ways.
If trees and plants are present in the north-east direction, worship them and crave remission and then these trees and plants should be cut or uprooted from that place. They should never be left half or cut or break partial. The tree affected from lightening like- mango tree, date, etc. as well as trees of temple area, trees and plants grown in the cremation ground (necropolis), etc. should not have around the house. Also, tamarind trees, trees wrapped with climbers (creepers), trees falling down by air, trees like that of the statue, etc. should not be near the house. Because, such types of trees are responsible for economical loss and fearing of enemies. Presence of Ashoka tree, deodar, sandal, medicinal plants and vegetations is considered as auspicious and beneficial. Having any type of tree in front of the house is considered very harmful. Having banyan tree in east direction, the gular tree in south direction and peepal tree in north-west direction is not considered as harmful.
If the east area of the house has grass or greenery, it is very good. Like this, fragrant flowering plants in east direction are also good, but they should not be much higher. If the queue of rose plants would be planted in east and north direction, it acts as sugar in ghee. If north-east direction of the house has vegetation or small flowering plants higher up to platform (stage) of the house, it is very good. Creepers on north-east wall should not be allowed to grow. Garden should be arranged in such a manner that when anyone looks it, he becomes happy. Any type of thorny plants should never be planted in the garden. Clearance of water in north-east direction is considered as very good, but should not be in the south-west direction. If the sewanti flowering plant is planted in the garden, it solves mosquitoes problems.
Water tank should be kept at a higher place even than the house in the south-west direction. In the morning, sunlight also reaches first to that place. Due to this water tank, the south-west corner of the house is become heavy and joy and happiness increase in the house. If such water tank would keep in the direction opposite to it, it increases the possibility of harms as well as it may also create obstruction in works.
Also, electricity pole or transformer, etc. should also have in the south-east direction of the house. It will enhance peace and fortune for the people living in such a house otherwise they may have to face many difficulties. The vacant (empty) area of south-east direction should never be used for the water tank or toilet, etc. all types of garbage and drainage chamber should be arranged in the west direction of the house as well as one should always be careful about the cleanliness of this area. If needed, it can be transferred to any other suitable place, but this type of garbage or dirt should never be in the north-east direction, because it may causes diseases in family members of this house. In this series, having any type of garbage or dirt near the main gate or door of the house also creates disturbance in the success of the family member.
Structure of house–
As like the structure of the empty plot is important as the structure of the house has also its own importance. If the structure of the house is square, such a house always has happiness and peace. If any of four corners of the house is offset, living style of the family members of such house will start being affected. If the north-east direction of the house will have offset, prosperity is decreased in the house. If this offset is found in east direction, quarreling always goes on taking place in the house and also happiness and peace will be ended. If the house is too small or too big, any work will not be able to being completed properly. The master of such house is the mostly tall talker and interested in litigation.
Slop of the house’s floor (surface) –
If the slop of plot is towards east or north direction, the slop of the house’s floor constructed on such plot must be towards north-east direction. In other words, the platform of tie-embankment should lower in east-north direction and higher in the south-west direction. The tie-embankment of platform or stage should be higher also in the south-west, west and south directions so that platform’s arms could become enough heavy. So, if the slop of the house would be according to the facts said above, the environment of such a house would also be in auspicious condition. Loss of money would also be less in such house as well as all types of business will also go on running properly without any problem, otherwise, everything may come down from the track, and family members can also get enough loss. One should need to follow the following facts while constructing his house-
First of all it is very important to keep in the mind while constructing the house that the walls of the house should never be of stones. Only 1-2 generations can live in the house constructed with stones and the generation after them is moved to another place for living by leaving this house.
If the front wall of the house will be made with zigzag stones, family members of this house can not lead a happy life.
Cracks in house walls, breaking of walls, being the walls less in length, appearing cracks inside vaults, etc. should not have in the house otherwise family members of such house will have to face lots of problems.
By tying wall from east direction while constructing house takes a long time in being completed the house. So, constructing the wall of east direction in the last always considered as good.
It is also essential to keep in the mind while constructing a house that damp should never be found in the plot or the walls of the house otherwise family members will go on suffering from any disease.
If any corner of the house has constructed improperly or weak, it must be improved, otherwise fear will go on appearing in the mind without any reason.
If the stones used in the house are hollow and tie-embankment would be raw, bad thoughts would always go on appearing in the mind of family members.
If the wall in the west direction would be irregular or cracks have been appeared in these walls, it is responsible for entering thief inside such a house as well as enough loss may also take place.
If the walls in the south direction of the house are irregular or crack have been appeared in them, it is, too, responsible for entering thief inside such house and also, the health of family members may become worse.
It is also very important to keep in the mind while constructing the house that the house should have two doors. One should be in front of the house for entering and exiting while other should be in the back side of the house. By arranging such conveyance, all works go on becoming true one after another. If the house is big, front gates or doors should be in equal numbers.
- The front door must be higher and wider than back one, it is considered as good. Such doors must have two pans (sides) otherwise various types of problems will go on appearing in every works of family members.
- In the front of the main gate (door) or back gate (door), any type of electric pillar and trees should never be found otherwise family members will go on facing obstructions in their daily works.
- The back door or gate must be little lower as well as less wider than front (main) gate or door of the house, it is considered as good.
- All the doors, inside the house, must be made up of the same type of wood or type; for example- wooden door with the iron frame or iron door or gate with the wooden frame is not considered as auspicious or good.
- The pans of the main gate or door fitted in the house should never be automatic, because it is responsible for the destruction of generation. Family members always go on fearing in such house as well as they also go on suffering from various types of diseases.
- Any type of sound should come out from the doors or gates fitted in the house otherwise fear goes on appearing in such house. If oil (lubricant) is added in the hinge of doors, they do not produce any type of sound.
- The main gate or door of the house should never be opened outwards, but it should be opened always inwards otherwise family members have to endure lots of problems and also it is responsible for worse the entire environment of the house.
- The height and width of the main gate of the house must be equal otherwise any type of work would able to be done properly and disturbance may also come in the way of happiness and peace of the house.
- More than two doors should never be fitted in a raw inside the house.
- The door should always be fitted in the straight line of wall otherwise the master of the house may have to face economical loss.
- A ventilator must be present above the main gate or door of the house, it maintains happy environment inside the house.
Cracks, etc. should never be found on the main gate or door of the house otherwise family members always go on facing money problem.
The signs of the condition of the house are also found by following ways depending on the facing direction of its main entrance (gate of the door)-
- The plot which main gate or door is towards north-east direction is considered as the best, it generates devotion or faith in family members. God always lives inside such a house. Less quarreling also takes place in them. They always go on getting happiness and joy. Any type of evil thought or bad habit does not appear in their mind.
- The house which main gate or door is towards east direction is considered as very beneficial and good. Such houses get much benefits as well as fame is also being increased by entering sunlight inside them. Family members of such house also get devotion and fortune, but the nature of disturbing other’s work goes on increasing in them however this habit proves beneficial for others. Giving advices, benefits of their experiences, etc. are found in the people living in such house like that of saints.
- By fitting the main gate or door in the south-west direction, the master of this house goes on suffering from extra expenses. Their son is gone away by leaving the house. The children mostly do love marriage and have lack of devotion. Family members, mostly, are surrounded by problems.
- If the main gate or door has been fitted in south direction, it causes harm, worse health of family members, fear about theft, raid of income tax, lack of devotion and faith inside family member for God, loss of money, etc.
- The main gate or door of south-west direction is considered as harmful.
- The house having main gate or door in west direction gets normal results. There is high possibility for the master of such house to get black money.
- The house having its main gate or door in north-west direction gets normal results. The possibility of being theft is always persisted in such a house.
- The house which main gate or door has been fitted in north direction is considered as beneficial. Such a house is responsible for the professional nature of family members with the sweet voice. Such people always talk about their own benefits as well as earnings.
- If the paint of the main gate or door of any house goes on falling down in the forms of scabs, it is the sign of irritation of outer people on the family members of such house.
- The main gate or door should never be towards the south direction in any condition, because it is considered as very inauspicious.
- The main gate or door of a house should never be too high or too wide. Extra width of the main gate is responsible for fear inside the house, bed health of family members due to being worried day and night as well as they also get economical loss suddenly.
- The pans of the main gate or door should never be in different width i.e. any one of them is much or less wide than other, because it cause fear in family members.
- If any type of spot or mark is present on the main gate or door, it goes on creating troubles in the mind.
- The main gate or door should never be broken, because it brings poverty inside the house.
- If the house has only one entrance (door or gate), it increases problems.
- The joint of the main gate or door should be in the proper condition otherwise one may have to face many troubles.
- The doors of the house should never be opposite to each other as well as the door of your house should never be just opposite (front) of the door of any other house.
- The main gate or door should have a beautiful appearance. If engraving is present on the main door, it provides happiness and fortune inside the house.
- If the upper portion of the main gate is irregular (zigzag), the master of the house has to endure troubles.
- If the main door has been bended inside the house, there is a chance of anyone’s death.
- If the main door has been bended outward of the house, it causes theft in such a house.
- If the main gate or door is too small, it destroys generation (family).
- If pans of any door are being opened on another door, it is considered as very harmful.
- Other doors of the house should never be decorated same as main gate or door, it also considered as harmful.
As like everyone cares about his children as it is also necessary to be careful about the main gate or door. In other words, the main gate or door of any house is very important, so we should need to care about it.
It is also very important to have door-frame on the main gate or door of the house. In this modern age, this type of frame is not made on the main gate or door; it has been a type of trend today. The frame of the main gate or door is made up of only three woods. In fact, the frame is considered as the thing of four woods. Frame (chaukhat) means the thing made of four woods that should be set well at the angle of 90°, but this type of angle (90°) is impossible in case of three kinds of wood. Today, a temporary patch is set in lower section of the frame of the main door which is, later, removed out after making floor and then arrange the whole frame as in 90°. But, after sometimes this angle of 90° starts appearing as little less or much. According to the basis principles of vaastu shaastra, the frame of the main door or gate must always be in the angle of 90° otherwise one may have to endure several types of troubles. The frame of the door is made with this fourth wood. It has been seen that one enters inside a temple and sees God only after bowing to and touching the frame of its door. Thus, it is very important to have a frame at least on the main door or gate in a house. Due to having the frame on the main door or gate, outer deteriorations (worsening), troubles, etc. do not able to enter inside the house. this is the reason why mostly Indian women do worship of the frame of main door or gate in the morning and after offering turmeric, vermilion, etc., they wish that all the coming troubles of family members would not able to enter inside the house.
There is one more fact found about the fitting frame on the main gate or door- crawling creatures found in the lower gap of the door are not able to enter inside the house. crawling creatures like- lizard, snake, etc. living in lower gap of the most of doors may enter inside the house, but due to having the frame, such types of creatures do not able to enter inside the house. For saving the expenditure of just one wood, one does not only dangerous work, but it also lessens the purity and holiness of his house. Therefore, it is very important to have frame on the main gate or door in the house today.
According to vaastu shaastra, the windows are known as the eyes of the house. We know our surroundings through our eyes. They are the ways (mediums) for getting information. In the same manner, we can see our surroundings (nature) through the windows of our house. So, constructing the windows in the house has been considered as very important. Due to having windows, prosperity increases in the house. As numbers of windows are present in east direction as they are considered as beneficial, because the house has as many windows in this direction as enough sunlight would enter inside it. If a house has many windows in its north direction, one gets enough wealth. In other hand, if a house would have no any window in it, darkness would be found all around inside it. Therefore, it is very important to keep following facts in the mind-
- If the house has windows in its east direction, wealth would go on increasing in such house otherwise diseases would go on increasing in it.
- When the windows would present in the north direction of a house, one will get enough wealth otherwise troubles will go on coming in the house and also, wealth will go on destroying.
- In case of having more windows in the west direction of a house, the people living in such a house would get average benefits.
- Having more windows in the south direction of a house is considered as harmful.
- Having windows in equal numbers in the house is considered as auspicious however they should not be equal to 10 or 20 or 30 in numbers.
- The glass of the window of any room should never be broken. If it is so, should be replaced with new ones immediately otherwise small troubles would go on appearing in the house.
- The pans of any window or door should never be broken otherwise misunderstanding would go on appearing in between family members for each other.
- The windows of a house must always be long from backside otherwise it would always go on generation fearing.
- The windows of a house must be opened in closed arm.
- Any type of balcony (chhajja) should never be just above the windows.
Avoid old (used/second hand) materials– Presence of any type of used (old) materials brings old troubles, worries, etc. along with them. Therefore, one should need to avoid such materials as far as possible in the construction of his house and should use only new materials for this purpose whether he has to construct a small or big house. It is better to avoid old materials in the construction of the house. Also, the materials of any temple or mosque should not be used in the construction a house, but materials present in water, stones, etc. are useful.
House’s color– Just according to the color of a house, the people living inside the house get its result like-
- If the color inside and outside of a house is blue, it is considered as beneficial.
- If the color of a house from inside and outside is red, it is considered as very harmful as well as it is responsible for destroying money and property.
- If a house’s color from inside and outside is chocolate, it is also considered as harmful.
Height of a house– Along with the understructure (base) and doors of a house, the shape of a plot, etc, the height of a house is also very important. When a house is high, the thought (viewpoint) of the people living inside them are also very high. One’s thought is based on the height of a house. And, when their thought is high and big, their behave also remain high, and unimpaired and harmonious (coherent).
In ancient time, as the living places of raja and maharaja (king and sovereign), Britishers and their offices and palace, etc. were very big, their thought, etc. were also considered as very high. But, today officers work in small cabins or offices as well as their houses are also comparably small. Also, their devotion for work is limited and goes on waiting to 5 o’clock so that they could go their house soon and could have fun.
The thinking ability, observing power and working capability of our forefathers were as wide and developed as their house were high. Today, the thoughts of the people have affected due to decreasing the height of their houses. As much the house would be higher as it would be beneficial. If rooms are high, it is trying to shorten their height artificially. As a result of it, obstruction starts coming from all around in any work. Thus, if possible, do not think about shortening the height of the house and let your life running in a proper way.