According to old books (granthas), there are five different types of branches of Vastukala considered, which are as follow-
- Noble person and the aristocratic (grand) house of prince like- palace, etc.
- House of normal people.
- House of Gods like- temple, etc.
- Public (common) buildings like- waiting hall, library, cinema hall, etc.
- Conveniences for common people like- swimming pool, pond, small pond, well, etc.
Architecture- The five main pillars of our strong scientific house, which have been described earlier are as follow-
- Shankusthapna- purvabhimukhikarna principles.
- vastu-pad vinyas- vastupurush mandal.
- Hastalakshana- aanupatik measurement.
- Aayadi sadwarga- six prinicles of Vedik vastushilpa.
- Patakadi-sadachhanda- scene of house.
Architecture works have been divided into five process- vastupooja, sacrifice, halakarshana, ankuraropana and foundation.
In fact, vastupooja and sacrifice are considered as religious activities. But, in India they are just similar to architecture, where on a plot is not enough for constructing a house, but it is known as a converted existence of divine life. Narad has said about it that practical use of vastu is mechanical in its own nature and vastu purush has been called as a device. Acording to Vastukala, vastupooja should be done in north-east direction of a house in any auspicious moment. In the chapter 5 (part -1) of ‘Samarangana Sootradhara’, it has been described about sacrifice that praying or requesting is done by giving gift (sacrifice) to the God, spirits and evil souls for leaving that place. In this way too, the plot is become balanced and pure or holy. After becoming free from previous lord, it becomes ready to maintain new powers.
After that, the plot can be made even which is known by ‘Halakarshana’. In old or ancient books, it has been said to plough the selected plot with ox and plough, because when this plot is being ploughed well, it is become pure and holy after become free from its past and the plot gets new life in auspicious nakshatra, new cycle of production is started. In this way, the natural rhythm is also remained unchangeable.
Sowing germination means that it is the last gift for those who are gone away by leaving that place and in new plot; it is considered as the first gift which means that one work has been done with germination.
Foundation is a technique as well as an anushthanic side. It is the celebration of keeping stone along with all the similar religious activities. At the time of doing worship, the stone which had been kept in north-east direction is bring out and is kept in the pits made in south-west direction.
Giving reward and respect to architecture, engineer, carpenter, mason, labors and other related people is considered as the sixth and last religious activities, because the success of that architecture is hidden in their happiness and satisfaction.
Directions and their representative lord- There are 8 representatives (lord) considered for 8 directions.
They influence the people living in their place, which are as follow-
One, four, sixteen, twenty-five, thirty-six, forty-nine, sixty-four, eighty-one or hundred squares can also have in the vastupurursh mandal. The mandal of sixty-four parts for residential house and the mandal of eighty-one parts for the planning of city are considered as the best.
As in the vastupurush mandal, north direction represents lord of wealth ‘Kuber’; east represents lord of light ‘Sun’; south represents lord of death ‘Yamraj’; west represents the lord of air and the center part represent the creator of world ‘Brahma’. Therefore, the location of different rooms have been described by following ways like-
- Bathroom should always be constructed in east direction of a house.
- In this way, storeroom for oil and ghee should always have in east and south-east direction only.
- Kitchen should be constructed in the south-east direction of a house.
- Bedroom and drawing room should always be constructed in south direction.
- Toilet and urinal should be constructed in south and south-west direction only.
- Dressing room, makeup room and room for keeping devices and tools should be constructed always in south-west direction inside a house.
- According to Vastukala Study room should have in south-west and west direction only.
- Having a dining room always in west direction is considered as very auspicious.
- Toilet should be constructed in the middle of west and north-west direction.
- Constructing storeroom in north-west direction is considered as very good.
- According to Vastukala Pooja room should be constructed only in north-east direction.
- Room of praying or meditation should be constructed in between north-east and east direction.
- In the central part of a plot, there should have appropriate space for a courtyard or household works.
One’s relations are considered as true fact and established along with the worldly arrangement. All the Indian customs, traditions and religious activities indicate about such facts.
Collocation (configuration) of different types of room- The right and auspicious place for bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, drawing room, dining room, storeroom and pooja room are describing in the given shloka (stanza)-
Snanagaram dishi prachyan aajneyyam cha mahanasama.
Yamyayam shyanagaram naikrityam vastramandirama.
Vaaroonyam bhojanagriham vayavyam pashumandiram.
Bhandaram veshmottarasyam aishanyam devatalayam.
Ananyuktani shastani swaswaye swaswadikshvapi.
The shloka (stanza) given above means that bathroom should always be constructed in east direction only. South-east direction should be left for kitchen. Bedroom should be constructed in south direction and south-west direction should be used for keeping clothes and as makeup room. Acording to Vastukala, dining room should have in west direction and north-west direction should be used for storing grains for cows and animals. North direction is considered as very auspicious for keeping wealth, etc. in this series, north-east direction should be used for worshiping or praying purpose. If one constructs different rooms in his house like this, he gets all types of happiness and prosperity.
If one follows he principles said above strictly, appropriate amount of air and sunlight go on circulating in the house as well as the personally secrecy of that person should also be maintained. The walls of south and west directions of a house should be thick completely not for tolerating bright sunlight, but it should also have open place or gate for proper circulation of air. If extra trees and plants would be planted in west and south directions, it proves much benefit.
The principles of Vastukala are applicable not only for temples and residential houses, but these principles are also beneficial for flats, offices, industries, cinema hall, hotels and hostels, etc.
Normally old and new temples are being constructed according to Vastukala only, but the principles of vastu shaastra are ignored in many of them resulting its affects fall on everyone, because temple architecture is not our subject, so we will not discuss about any of such subjects.
Presence of nine planets in a house- When a house is constructed according to the principles of Vastukala, nine planets are also present along with it and these nine planets affects the people living in this house.
The place of sun is in pooja room i.e. north-east direction. Bathroom i.e. east direction is considered as the place of Moon. The place of Mars is always in south-west direction i.e. kitchen. The front verandah or center room is considered as the place of Mercury where reading-writing work and study are done. The place of wealth is in north direction and the place where spiritual or other type of study is done is known as the place of Jupiter. This place may be at the right or left side of the north-east corner. Dining room, makeup room and resting (drawing) room and bedroom in the south, south-west and west directions are known as the place of Venus. Dark room or cow’s shed in west or north-west is known as the place of Saturn. The right and left sides of the main door are known as the place of Rahu and Ketu respectively. Rahu and Ketu always go on protecting the house from all the sides.
In the given figure, only the location of main rooms have been described, because the main gate or door, door terrace, toilets, kitchen, etc. are also based mainly on the facts that in which direction the main gate or door should be constructed.
In addition to them, minimum three elements among all the five fundamental elements like- earth, fire and water should be kept in the mind while construction of a house according to ancient religious books. Other two elements- air and sky get their position by their selves.
In a very old shloka, the importance of nine planets have been described by following ways-
Aarogyam pradadatu no dinkarah
Chandro yasho nirmalam
Bhootih bhootisutah sudhanshutanayah
Mando mudam sarvada
Meaning– According to Vastukala, The sun (God) gives good health; the Moon gives fame due to her purity; the Mars gives all types of wealth and property; the Mercury gives wisdom, good behave or character; the Jupiter gives respect and dignity; the Venus gives expertness in talking; the Saturn gives happiness; Rahu gives victory and reputation and Ketu gives enrichment to the entire family and generation.
Auspicious and inauspicious signs- There are three important occasions considered while constructing a house- foundation (starting) of a house, fitting the main door or gate and house-entering ceremony. When the master of the house is going towards his house, auspicious and inauspicious signs can be observed on the basis of indications taken place that time which are as follow-
Auspicious signs- In the way of going to the house, if the master of the house sees cow or beautiful girls coming from opposite direction, or sees fruits, curd, any picture or scene of using flowers or vermilion, mirror, rising of moon, foods, pot filled with milk, water, last journey of a dead body without carry fire along with it, flying of garoor towards right side or in a circular movement, flying of crows in the right side, running of fox towards right direction, naked child (boy), washer man, a woman in red saree, elephant, etc., all these are considered as very useful.
Inauspicious sign- If he sees carrying fire woods, any new pot or utensil, blind, lamb, patient, fighting saints, dried grass, bones, fire, cat, beggar, alcoholists, animal as crying and moving leftwards in a circular motions, rabbit, serpentine (snake), moving of garoor rightwards, walking of ants separately, fighting of dogs, buffaloes, widows, fish net, man with holding stick in his hand, etc., all these are considered as very inauspicious (harmful).
In this series, if the Deepak is being extinguished before going to the new house, it is considered as very harmful and inauspicious.
Before starting a house construction on any type of plot or piece of land, it is better to get information about the yoga (conjuncture) of the master of that plot with the help of his/her birth chart through an expert and clear astrologist. Birth chart of anyone is made (drawn) after observing the position or location of different planets according to the date, day, time and place related to his birth. The birth chart is considered as the assets (fund) of one’s deeds. One is engaged in doing good works by observing about all types of conveyances like- time, planetary position, deeds, etc. for making his luck auspicious and progressive after knowing it. Therefore, it is very important for this work that if accurate information is gotten on the basis of favorable condition and auspicious moment with the help of his birth chart before starting a house construction and for purchasing the plot and getting its possession, any type of obstruction or disturbance does not appear.
In astrology, the great ancient saints have given us information about such auspicious moments and their combination, in which auspicious or lucky moment has been described for purchasing and selling the plot according to different people. For both purchasing and selling of plot, date like- 5/6/10/11/15 and the first day of krishnapaksha; days like- Thursday and Friday; nakshatra (constellation) like- mrigshira, punarvasu, magha, anuradha, aashlesha, vishakha, purva phalgun, purva bhadrapada, mool and rewati, etc. can be observed.
It has been seen many times that most of the people purchase and sell a plot without considering the right aspects and do not think over it. As a result of it, they go on repenting after getting the harmful effects of this plot. They start facing troubles from both their plot and a house construction on it as well as they are not able to use properly (get a positive result of) both their plot and house. They also do not get the right value for their plot and house. On anyone purchases their plot and house even at less than their cost price. Mostly, profit from a house is estimated from the fourth house or place of zodiac sign and lagan like-
- Strong Venus in the mahadasha of Jupiter is present in the fifth or eleventh house or place after coming in the center; the jataka can construct well, pond, cinema hall, house, etc.
- When Chaturthesh has sat with the company of good planet in 1/4/7/10 houses or if the master of ninth ansha has sat in 1/4/7/10 houses in zodiac sign in which Chaturthi has been entered, the jataka gets the profit and pleasure of house.
- In the presence of Venus on a higher place or in its luck in the mahadasha of Venus and moon, a new house is being constructed and when Venus is present in the seventh house, it increases happiness, prosperity, house, and farm.
- When the anterdasha of Mars is strong in the mahadasha of Saturn and when it is present in 1/4/5/9/10 houses or meet with lagnesh, one gets benefits for a house construction.
- When it is present with Jupiter or is cruel in fourth lagan, one gets auspicious opportunity to construct a temple.
- When Jupiter is present in the fourth house of karkansh kundali, the house or building is considered as auspicious.
- When any of lagnesh, dhanesh and chaturthesh is present in houses of 1/4/5/7/9/10, the jataka gets an opportunity to become master of houses in such numbers as well as he should need to think about ninth and eleventh house.
- In the horoscope of the jataka, if the moon, mercury, Jupiter, Venus, etc. see on the fourth house, he gets benefits and pleasure from gardens.
- In case of the fourth house as cruel or having mercury, the jataka gets an opportunity to a house construction.
- When the sun is present in the fourth house of the jataka’s karkansh kundali, he gets the pleasure of house made up of leaves, grass, and flowers, etc.
- The master of labha place is present in the fourth house and has gone in chaturthesh labh or tenth house, etc., the jataka gets the house just with wealth.
- When lagnesh is present in the fourth house or chaturthesh lagan, the jataka gets the benefits of the house.
- When the difference of Mars is present in the mahadasha of Jupiter and Mars is present high or own planets in 1/7/4/5/9/10th houses, the jataka gets benefits of a plot as well as he constructs the hotel, mill, etc.
- When the difference of Saturn is present in the mahadasha of Jupiter, the jataka gets the benefits of a plot.
- When the difference of Venus is present in the mahadasha of Mars and the Venus is present in 1/4/5/9/10 houses as high triangular or dashmesh, the jataka construct pond, almshouse, well, etc.
- In the mahadasha of Jupiter, the difference of Jupiter and when Jupiter is present on a high place, the jataka gets an opportunity to purchase a plot and house construction.
- In the presence of mercury, the jataka gets the pleasure of normal and clean house.
Super 30 Vastu Shastra Tips
- Characteristics of Vastu Purush
- Chief Principle of Vastu Shastra
- Colour Combination for Bedroom according to Vastu Shastra
- Commercial Vastu Shastra
- Construction of House on Different Types of Lands
- Door decoration ideas
- Eliminating Vastu Dosh through Astrology Mechanism
- Fundamental Rule of Vaastu Shaastra
- Hindu Calendar
- Household life and theology
- How to remove Vastu Dosh from home
- Importance of vastu shastra in architecture
- Indian Astrology
- Indian Traditions and Theology
- Industrial Unit
- Number and Yantra
- Observation about the Virtuosity of Plot
- Origin of Vaastu Purusha
- Secular Architecture of Ancient India
- Special tips and rules of vastu shastra about house construction
- Super 30 Vastu Tips
- Vaastu Principles and Their Conclusion for Different Places
- Vaastu Principles for a Bathroom
- Science of Architecture
- Vastu Shastra tips for home, bedroom, kitchen, living room, house, toilet construction
- Vastu Tips for Home Construction
- Vastukala for buildings
- What is vaastu shastra?
- Yuga and Vedic Dharma