The name ‘Vaastu shaastra’ or ‘Vaastu dosha (defect)’ given by God has its own three characteristics-
- Char (moving/mortile) vaastu.
- Sthir (static/unmovable) vaastu.
- Nitya (eternal) vaastu.
Char (moving/mortile) vaastu –
In Char vaastu, the sight and undertone are towards south direction in bhadrapad (August to September) ashwayuj and kartik (October to November) as has been described-
The sight and undertone must be towards west direction in marg shirsh (November to December), pushya (December to January) and magha (January to February and are towards north direction in phalgun (February to March), chaitra (March to April) and baishakh (April to May) and towards east direction in jyeshtha (May to June), Aashadha (June to July) and shrawan (July to August).
The construction work of house, its foundation and main gate must be towards the face of vaastu purush so that one could live happily and comfortably in that house as well as could get good health, long life, peace and prosperity.
Sthir (static/unmovable) vastu-
The head of vaastu purush should always be towards north-east direction, his feet towards south-west direction, and right hand towards north-west direction and left hand towards south-east direction. It is very important to keep all these facts in the mind while making plan of a house, while determining the suitable place for doors and windows, while fitting karias (the upper end of wood must be towards north-east direction) and while making the surface of house’s roof.
Nitya (eternal) vastu-
The sight of vaastu purush must be towards east direction for the first three hours daily in the morning, up to three hours after it towards south direction, up to three hours after it towards west direction and for last three hours it must be towards north direction as well as daily routine works related to house must be according to these directions only.
While constructing house- at the beginning (foundation), middle (when the main gate is fitted) and at last (house-warming ceremony), etc. on all these auspicious occasions, it is essential to do worship of vaastu purush.
It is also very important in vaastu shaastra, that the main gate of house should be fitted at particular occasions towards the direction where the sight of vaastu purush falls and the house-warming ceremony should be done when the sight of house’s master is towards front.
Auspicious month and day–
Shukla paksha of baishakha (April to May), shrawan (July to August), margshish (November to December), paush (December to January) and phalgun (February to March), etc. are considered as the suitable and auspicious months for digging land and fitting main gate of house and other remaining months are considered as inauspicious for these works. The following dates should be selected in the give months- 2, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13. These dates should be selected for auspicious works.
Favorable zodiac signs of the sun–
The sun is considered as auspicious for the master of house having Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius signs of zodiac. The sun is not more auspicious for the jataka of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Doing above said activities is considered as very harmful for the jataka of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.
The position of main gate on the basis of one’s zodiac sign–
- The jatakas of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius should need to fit the main gate of their house towards east direction.
- The jatakas of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn should need to fit the main gate of their house towards south direction. considered as auspicious for them
- The jatakas of Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius should need to fit the main gate of their house towards west direction.
- The jatakas of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces should need to fit the main gate of their house towards north direction. It is considered as auspicious for them.
If it is not possible to fit the main gate of the house according the directions of respective signs of zodiac, one should need to fit minimum a window towards respective direction. In other words, fitting the main gate or door of house towards east or north direction is considered as the best. Fitting such gate or door towards west direction is also considered as good. But, if the main gate or door is fitted towards south direction, it is not considered as the best or auspicious. It does not seem possible to fit the main gate or door on the basis of one’s zodiac sign, because the age of that person might be less than the age of house and other family members live in that house after death of him or any other may become the master of that house.
First, third, fourth and fifth day of week are considered as the best for starting the construction of house. It must fall in shukla paksha of particular months.
If the sun is present in Leo, Virgo or Libra, the jataka of these zodiac signs should need to start digging from south-east direction. the jatakas of Scorpio, Sagittarius or Capricorn should need to start digging land from north-east direction and the jatakas of Aquarius, Aries or Pisces should need to start digging land from north-west direction and the jatakas of Taurus, Gemini or Capricorn should need to start digging land for constructing their house from south-west direction. In addition to them, it should also essential to be careful about panchang (five parts) good and auspicious date, day, yog, constellation, karmas, etc.
It is very important for us to take advice from an expert and experienced pandit or any astrologer about benefits, loss, constellation, auspicious moment, etc.
While constructing house and starting its construction, it has been described in a shlok about auspicious months by following way-
Grahasansthapanam chaitre dhanahanirmahabhama.
Baishakhe shubhadam vindhanam jyeshthe tu maranam dhruvam.
Aashadhe gokulam hanti shrawane putravardhanam.
Prajorogam bhadrapade kalahovashravayuje tatha.
Kartike dhanalabhasyanmargashirshe mahabhayam.
Pushye chaginbhayam vidhanmadhe tu bahuputravan.
Phalgune ratna labhasthanmasnam cha shubhashubham.
Meaning– There is a possibility to get loss of wealth by constructing house in the month chaitra (third to fourth month) ones get good benefits by constructing house in the month of baishakha and one who construct his house in the month of jyeshtha (fifth to sixth month), there is a possibility of his death. By constructing house in the month of aashadha (sixth to seventh month), there is a chance of harm to the master’s animals. If one constructs his house in the month of shrawan (seventh to eighth month), this month proves very beneficial for the family members. By constructing house in the month of bhadrapad (eight to ninth month), family member of the house have to face diseases and troubles. If one construct his house in the month of ashvayuj (ninth to tenth month), fighting and quarreling go on taking place and the number his enemies are also increased. By constructing house in the month of kartik (tenth to eleventh month), the master of the house gets benefit of wealth. If one construct house in the month of margshish (eleventh to twelfth), there is a fear of many things. By constructing house in the month of paush (twelfth to first month), there is a fear of fire and other troubles also go on coming. By constructing house in the month of magha (first to second month), these months are considered as very beneficial for all family members. If one constructs his house in the month of phalgun (second to third month), he gets much benefit of wealth and prosperity.
About good and auspicious day for constructing house has been said through the shloka (stanza) given below-
Bhanuvare kritam veshmanvanhina dahante chirata.
Chandre ch vardhate shukle kshiyate krishapakshate
Bhaumvare vinda sevatallagrea saptamepi va
Danhate tadagraham shunyam karturmaranamaiv ch
Budhvare dhanaishwaryam putrasampatsukhavaham
Guruvare chiram tishtheta kart ach sukhasampadam
Chiram nishthenmadvare taskarebhyo mahabhayam.
Meaning– The result of starting the construction of house in different days fall by following way-
- If one starts the construction of his house on Sunday, there is a possibility of burning from fire.
- By starting the construction of house on Monday of krishnapaksha, one gets all types of comforts and prosperity.
- One who starts the construction of his house on Tuesday, inauspicious affects fall on his house and there is a chance to burn with fire even to die.
- Starting the construction of house on Wednesday is considered as very auspicious, because one gets wealth and prosperity by starting his house on this day as well as he gets happiness and his family members gets also benefits.
- By starting the construction of house on Thursday, one lives longer life as well as he gets happiness, respect from his children and fame.
- One who starts the construction of his house on Friday; he gets mental pleasure and peace. He always does good works.
- If the construction of house is started on Saturday, the people living in such house are always surrounded by sorrow and worry whether the house is very strong and sees years. The people are very weak too as well as surrounded by debt (loan).
Super 30 Vastu Shastra Tips
- Chief Principle of Vastu Shastra
- Colour Combination for Bedroom according to Vastu Shastra
- Commercial Vastu Shastra
- Indian Astrology
- Indian Traditions and Theology
- Industrial Unit
- Number and Yantra
- Observation about the Virtuosity of Plot
- Origin of Vaastu Purusha
- Pacification of Harmful Planets through Herbs
- Panchatatva: Five Elements of Vastu Shastra
- Prayer of Veda and Hindu Word
- Relation Between Vastu Shastra And Science
- Religious mark or sign of vastu shastra
- Secular Architecture of Ancient India
- Special tips and rules of vastu shastra about house construction
- Super 30 Vastu Tips
- Top 30 Vastu Tips
- Vaastu Principles and Their Conclusion for Different Places
- Vaastu Principles for a Bathroom
- Vastu And Five Elements
- Vastu Plants- Vastu Shastra for home interiors
- An essential part of Life
- Science of Architecture
- Vastu Shastra and Rang Shastra
- Vastu Shastra tips for home, bedroom, kitchen, living room, house, toilet construction
- Vastu Tips for Home Construction
- Vastukala for buildings
- What is vaastu shastra?
- Yuga and Vedic Dharma