SURGICAL PROCEDURE/PROCESS (SHALYODHAR) OF PLOT
The process of making any plot pure or holy before constructing house on it is known as shalyoshar (surgical process). In Vastu Shastra, this process is considered as very important and essential, because constructing house even very big or well furnished on a plot without making the plot pure or holy through this process goes on giving pain to family members as well as creating troubles for them.
‘Shalya’ is a Sanskrit word means- ‘Surgery’. Shalyodhar (surgical process) means to make the plot pure and holy after bringing out shalya doshas hidden inside it before starting the construction of a house. in fact, there are many types of substances being suppressed under land in numbers, few of them are those which are very necessary to be brought out otherwise they are, after constructing house, considered as shalya doshas. Constructing house only after bringing out such shalyos by digging process is considered as complete in Vastu Shastra.
In our ancient granthas (books), many methods or processes of throwing the shalyos after bringing out from the land have been described. For illustration- Through ‘Ahibal chakra, you can easily know that in which corner or direction of plot as well as up to how much deeper, shalya of which type of objects is considered as good.
For making the plot as pure or holy, first of all it should be divided in to nine sections according to the figure given.
After that, the people from Brahmin caste should recite and do pronunciation the name of flowers, the people from Kshatriya caste should recite the name of rivers, the people from Vaisya caste should recite the name of Gods and the people of other castes should recite the name of flowers.
On the basis of given figure, the piece of land should be made pure after digging the block (square) where the first word would come while pronunciation. Then, there is no need to make other places pure or holy.
One thing is very important that the master of house would not being present on the spot while purifying the land. It is considered as more beneficial and auspicious. the mantra given below should be recited minimum 9000 times with the help of three brahims (pundits) collectively. Then only, the process of making the piece of land as pure should be started.
Om dharani vidharan bhutyai swaha.
Meaning– Hey! God, eliminate (remove out) all types of shalya doshas of the land on which we are going to start the construction of house.
If it is determined according to given figure, the condition of shalya doshas is eliminated by following ways-
|Square S.No.||Direction and corner||Measurement of deepness||Result|
|A||North-east corner||Bear’s bones under 1.5 feet||Loss of animal’s property|
|Aa||East||Human bones under 1.5 feet||death|
|I||South-east corner||Ass’s bones under land up to the deepest equal to waist’s height||Loss of animal’s property, punishment related to law|
|Ee||North||human bones under land up to the deepest equal to waist’s height||Death, leading the whole life in poverty|
|Oo||South||Monkey’s bones under land up to the deepest equal to waist’s height||Death of family’s head|
|E||North-west corner||human bones under land up to the deepest equal to waist’s height||Terrible dream|
|Ai||West||Child’s bones under 1.5 feet||Loss of wealth, fearing of stealing|
|O||South-west corner||Horse’s bones under 1.5 feet||Quarreling and misunderstanding in the house, loss of wealth and property.|
|U||Middle section||ash under land up to the deepest equal to heart’s height||Destruction of family|
Note– Here, shalya means skeleton, bones, etc.
It is said that as like birth charts (short horoscopes) are matched before marriage as auspicious moment is calculated for any type of auspicious activities like- the future, family happiness, all types of prosperity, sacrifice, etc. of newly married couple. Just like this, it is also very necessary to make the plot holy or pure so that the people living in the house constructed on such plot could remain happy, endure all types of comforts as well as they would not have to face any type of disturbance or pain or troubles, etc.
But, it is very sad that most of the people have forgotten these facts or activities today. Making arrangement for religious activities (worship and prayer) through any Brahmin or pundit is considered as auspicious for them. In fact, it is not their fault, no anyone has told them about such important and essential activities (worshiping and praying).
Therefore, if you make various types of arrangement for the construction of house, why are your ignore the arrangement of making the plot pure or holy? It is not considered as auspicious. With your other auspicious activities, you should never forget to make your plot or pieces of land holy or pure.
वास्तु मंडल देवता, स्थापना पूजा, अर्ध्य, दान, बलिदान आदि की क्रियाएं-
वास्तु निर्माण के लिए जरुरी पूजा एवं उसकी स्थापना करनाः-
Activities like- worship of vaastu God and foundation, offering water, donation, sacrifice, etc-
There was a ghost in ancient time that frightens the entire creatures at that time. All the Gods, together, had suppressed him under the land; later, this ghost had become very popular by the name of vaastu purush.
- The God, having chatuh shashti legs, presents in ardhakon (semi-corner) should be satisfied with ghee and akshat (religious rice). Then, the parjanya in one leg should be satisfied with lotus and water. The jayant having two legs and the Ravi (sun) situated in a block should be satisfied with chandove.
- Truth situated in half of leg and bhush situated in a leg should be satisfied with ghee. The Vyom situated in half a corner should be satisfied with shakun and meat.
- Fire situated in konardha, pusha having one leg, vithath having two legs and grihastha should be satisfied with shraku, paddy’s lava (puffed paddy), gold and manthan-dand respectively.
- Yamraj situated in one leg, gandharva having two legs and bhusha should be satisfied with rice and meat, gragrances and shakun-jivha respectively.
- As like the Gods situated in one or half part is worshipped with blue clothes as pittars and padsthit Gods should be worshiped with kushara (khichari) and datun (small stick of trees branch).
- Sugriva situated in two words, pushpadant and varun should be worshipped with pudding, kushas (grasses) and lotus flower respectively.
- Demons situated in two words should be satisfied with wine and water mixed with ghee should be used to satisfy the remaining demons, yav to satisfy pap (sin) situated in padadh, mand (gruel) to satisfy half padastha
- Serpent God located in the feet, main cobra situated in two words, bhallaat located in feet and som should be satisfied with rose chestnut (a small evergreen tree having fragrant yellow flowers), eatables, horse bean, and kheer (preparation of milk and rice) and honey respectively.
- Rishi located in two feet, aditi located in one leg, diti located in other leg should be satisfied with shalook (a type of fruit), lopica (a type of sweet or dish), puffed chapatti frying in oil or ghee respectively.
- Chap in one digit below the God and chap-vatsa under it should be satisfied with milk and curd respectively.
- Laddoo should be offered to Mareechee situated in four digits in east direction. Red flower should be offered to half feet in the digit situated in half part of Brahma.
- Kushodak should be offered to savitri situated in half digit near it. Red sandal should be offered in four blocks for vivswan.
- Water mixed with curd should be offered to God Indra in corner digit of raksha and in the digit part of corner, water with ghee should be offered to God Indra.
- Juggery and kheer should be offered to God Indra in four types of digits. In the lower section of air, cooked meat should be offered to rudra.
- In the corner below it, half fruit should be offered to yaksha. Meat, grains and horse-bean should be offered in four sections for mahidhar (mountain).
- Til–tandal should be offered to Brahma in the middle four parts. After satisfying charaki with meat and ghee, khichari and mala (garland) should be offered to skanda.
- A pot of blood and meat and rice should be offered to vidari and kamdev
- Meat, bile and blood should be offered to pap (sin) and mala (garland) and blood should be offered to pilipitsa, but if these are not available, you can do worship with akshat. You should offer bali (sacrifice) to raksha, matrigana, pishacha, pittar and kshetrapalas according to your own wish.
- Temple or house should not be constructed without offering sacrificial thing to these Gods. Only after giving sacrifice to these Gods, you should do worship of Hari, Lakshmi Maa and lord Ganesha.
- The statues of Ghata and Brahma should be established along with earth, Vastu Shastra and vardhani. Sacrifice should be offered to Brahma and dikpalas in the middle of kalash (religious pot). You should bow as closing both your palms after reading swasti story. You should revolve around the mandal with holding karkari (water pot having hole in it).
- After offering money, etc., you should revolve along with tied sootra (thread) as pouring the stream of water. Like earlier, little seed should be also shown on seven places in the way. Digging should be started on this way for base of the house and then, a pit about 1 hand long, wide and deep should be dug in the middle part of it. Wide area about four fingers around it should be coated and then worship should be started. Water should be offered through kalash by remembering four-armed Vishnu. Put white flowers in a karkari (a pot with hole in it) after filling water in it. This clockwise karkari should be filled with seeds and mritika (body). After offering water, dung should be donated to guru (teacher). After giving devoirs to astrologist and mason well, one should need to do worship of God Sun the devotee of lord Vishnu. After that, digging process should go on doing until water would come out.
A prosa bones suppressed under the ground is not considered as defect. Without doing shalya process, many times the wall of house are broken or fallen down as well as the master of such house do not get any type of pleasure. The word’s name heard while digging, the shalya prcess is known by that name.
Sign and symptom of land’s vaastu God– The result of mantras of worshipped vaasdudev is describing here- vaasudev, sankarshan pradhumna and anirudha. First of all, speak the word ‘Omkar’ and then beez mantras like- a, Aa, An, Ah, etc. should be pronounced in serial number. After that ‘Namo bhagwate’ should be used and then using words like- vaasudev sankarshan, pradhumna and anuroodha are auspicious. in this way, these are become four types of mantras-
- Om an namoh bhagwate vaasudev namah.
- Om aan namoh bhagwate sandya karshnay namah.
- Om namoh bhagwate aniroodhaya namah.
- And then, narayana mantra ‘Om namoh narayanay’ should be pronounced.
All these mantras are known as mantraraj. There are nine heroes of vaasudev of nine mantras said above which are called the ballabh of devotees. Their colors are as follow in serial number- yellow like arun turmeric same as javakusum, blue, like the color of Krishna, like the color of cloud, like fire, like honey and pingal. Imagine different body part like- heart, etc. in serial number like the beez alphabets of vowel. The name of body part must be in the last of those beez alphabets like- Om E shirase swaha, Om Om shikhayai vaushat, etc.
Vyanjnadeeni beezani tesham lakshanmanyatha.
Dirghaswarastu bhinnani namontantastightani tu.
व्यंजनादीनि बीजानि तेषां लक्षणमन्यथा।
दिर्घस्वरैस्तु भिन्नानि नमोन्तान्तस्थितानि तु।।
The mantras starting with consonant word have different types of sign or symptom. Their forms are also become different by the combination of deergha vowels. There are names of body parts in the last of them as well as word ‘Namah’ is added in the last of these names, like- Klan hridayay namah, Klin shirase swaha, etc. the body part having hriswa vowel is known as ‘Upang’.
After separating the words of the names of Gods, doing angnyas by adding vindu (mark) in the last of each word is also known as auspicious, or by making the first word of the name as long vowels, nyas should be done by these vowels with the help of parts and sub-parts.
For imaging the parts like- heart, etc., the series of consonant is also same. After swar-beezas of God’s mantras, the name of Gods should be spoken. After that, imagine twelve body parts like heart after making different words with the help of similar names of the body parts and then only, one should recite them.
Important marks of body parts before the construction of house–
These six body parts are heart, head, shkha, kawach, eyes and hathiyar (weapon). The mark of the beeza of main mantra should be put in these twelve types of body parts like- heart, head, shikha, hand, eye, waist, stomach, arm, uroo, knee, thigh and foot. Nyas should be done in these parts.
- ‘Kan, an, shan, pan vainteyay namah’, it is called as the beez mantra of garoor.
- ‘Khn, thn, phn, vn gadayai namah’, it is known as gada-mantra.
- ‘Gan, jan, van, san pushtaiya namah’, it is the beez mantra of pushti.
- ‘Ghan, tan, bhan, han shriyai namah’, it is known as shri mantra.
- ‘Chan, nan, mn, kshan panyajanyay namah’, it is known as the mantra of panchjanya.
- ‘Chhan, tan, pan kaustubhay namah’, it the mantra of kaustubh.
- ‘San, van, dan, lan shrivatsay namah’, it is known as the mantra of shrivatsa.
- ‘Om van vanmalayai namah’, it is the mantra of vanmala.
- ‘Om pan padhanabhay namah’, it is known as the mantra of padha or padhanabh.
- The mark of body part of the mantra without beez is known through its padas.
Five types of marks should be done in five sections of heart through jatyant namasayantuk like- namah of heart, swaha of head, vaushat of shikha, hum of kawach, vashat of eyes and phat of hathiyars, etc. are known as castes. First of all, pronunciation of pranav and then heart-like five body parts said above are also called as following type- ‘Om hridayay namah’. First of all, Pranav and then heart mantra should be pronounced. One should touch the heart after speaking ‘Om hridayay namah’. After that, he/she should touch shikha after speaking ‘Om vaasudevay shikhaye vashat.’ Through ‘Om aatmane kawachay hum’, nyas should be done for hand. For doing the nyas of hathiyar, one should recite ‘Om vaasudevay astray phatta’ after speaking the name of God or deity. One vyuh to 26 vyuh is considered as one.
For worshiping of nature in the body, nyas should be done from little finger to the front part of it.
Om parayagnayatmane namah– It is known as universal (genera) mantra. Vasu, arka (sun) and fire are the three trivyuhatmak statues. After marking the fire among them, wide mark should be applied on the hand and the entire body.
The marks of air and sun should be made on both left and right hands respectively. Marks of fire should be made in heart. It is known as the rule of trivyuhatmak pooja (worship). After that, trivyuhatmak pooja is described like-
- The mark of Rig-veda in the entire hand and body, mark of Yajurveda in fingers, mark of Arthaveda in palms, and the mark of last Veda named Samaveda should be made in head and heart.
- In worship of panchavyuha, wide mark should be made in the entire hand and body like earlier, mark of sky in fingers. After that, marks of air, fire, water and earth should be made in head, heart, thigh and foot respectively.
- Air, jyoti, fire, earth and sky are known as five panchavyuha. Mind, shrotra, skin, eyes, tongue and nose are knows as shadvyuha.
- After marking the mind properly, the remaining five organs- all the five fingers starting from thumb, head, heart, thigh and foot should be also marked up. It has been called as karnatmak nyas.
- Jeevsangyak aadimurti is present everywhere. Bhuha, bhuvah, mahah, swaha, janah, tapah, satyam, etc. are known as saptavyuha.
- The nyas of lokabhuha should be done in the entire hand and body. In the remaining, bhuvah, swaha, mahah, janah and tapah should be marked starting from thumb to all other fingers in palm. It is lokatmak saptavyuha which are marked in the entire body.
- After it, saptasamuha like seven yaksha is describing- Lord Vishnu is present in the entire body especially in head, forehead, mouth, heart, cavity and foot. In all these body part, the nyas of God should be done. Agnishtoma, ukyatha, shodashi, bajpeya, atiratra, aaptoryam and yagyatma are known as as yatramay saptavyuha. Brain (intellect), pride, mind, skin, taste and smell are called ashtavyuha. The wide nyas of brain should be done in hand and body. After that, the marks of all the eight elements said above should be done in soles, forehead, head, mouth, heart, navel, cavity and foot respectively. These are called as ashtavyahatmak purush. Jeev, brain, pride, mind, word, touch, structure or form and smell are known as nauvyuha. The nyas of jeev should be done in both the thumbs and remaining eight elements should be marked starting from the index finger of right hand to the index finger of left hand. When the whole body, head, forehead, mouth, heart, navel, cavity, knee and foot should be marked through nine elements said above and then if wide nyas of Indra would be done, it is called dashavyuhatmak nyas.
- Doing nyas in both the thumbs, both the palms, in eight fingers, head, forehead, mouth, heart, navel, cavity, both the nees and both the feet are called ekadashavyuha nyas.
Mind, shrawan, skin, eyes, tongue, nose, voice, hand, foot, anus and genitals (reproductive organs) are known as eleven organs. For marking the mind, hearing senses of both the thumb should be marked up. After that, remaining eight elements should be marked in shrawan, skin, eyes, tongue, nose, voice, hand, foot, anus and genitals. For the nyas of remaining eleventh element named upastha, nyas should be done in both the palms. Forehead, mouth, heart, navel, foot, cavity, urudhaya, thigh, gulm and foot all these should be marked through the eleventh elements said above respectively. Lord Vishu, Madhusudan, Trivikram, Vaman, Shridhar, Padnam, Rishikesha, Narayan, Keshav, Damodar, Madhav and Govind are called dwadashatmak vyuha. Among them, wide nyas of lord Vishnu should be done. After that, the nyas of remaining God’s names should be done in the fingers, thumbs and palms of both the hands. Then, nyas should be done in soles, right foot, pakshin knee, waist of south side, head, shikha, chest, waist of left side, vam, knee and left foot, etc.
These are known as dwadashatmak vyuha. After that, panchavinshavyuha is describing. Person, brain, proud mind, hearth, voice, touch, taste, form, smell, shrotra, skin, eyes, toungue, nose, vak, hand, foot, anus, upastha, land, water, glow, air and sky are knows as 25 types of elements. Among them, ten fingers should be marked after marking well the purush- palm, head, forehead, mouth, heart, navel, cavity, uroo, knee, foot, upastha, heart and moorgha. By doing wide nyas of God in this panchavinshavyuha, the nyas of shadavinsha vyuhatmak is completed.
A wise one should do worship of nature in lotus wheel by making eight petals. In the east, south and north petals of this flower’s wheel, nyas of hearth should be done. In the petals towards north-east direction, hathiya and vaintey (garoor) should be established like earlier. For all types of accomplishment and getting victory of state, yajan of world known form of God should be done. God should be worshipped also along with all the vyuhas, heart like all the five body parts, garoor and Indra, etc. all types of wishes are become true by doing this type of worship. In the last, do worship of vishvaksen only little as well as mantra- ‘Raun vishvaksenay namah’ made after adding ‘Raun’ beesakshar should be recited.
In every types of land, the vaastu purush has been imagined as such a purush who has been lied down on reverse order (crooper) with the head towards north-east direction and feet towards south-west direction. His legs and hands have been bended in a particular posture. All positions of house are made (constructed) according to the physical condition of the master of the house.
According Indian religious beliefs, it is very important to do worship of vaastu purush before the construction of house, temple, factory, commercial complex, etc. on a plot or piece of land.
The head and feet of vaastu purush are situated in north-east and south-west directions respectively. He changes this position after every three months. This changing has been described by following ways like-
|Bhadrapada, aashwin, kartik||East||West||South|
|Margashirsha, paush, magha||South||North||West|
|Margshirsha, chaitra, vaishakha||West||East||North|
|Jyeshtha, aashadha, shrawan||North||South||East|
In the direction towards which the vaastu purush looks in a particular month, the activities in which water is being gathered or well, pond, water source, etc. should not be made.
The living place of God is believed in the different body parts of vaastu purush. While falling down the vaastu purush on the land, the body parts of him hold by the God is considered as the living place of that God.
In the table and figure given below, the location of Gods has been shown clearly in different body parts of the vaastu purush. The number scripted in the figure is only the sigh of God’s name. The table of the name of Gods and their direction related to these numerals is also giving for conveyance.
|Direction||Number of Gods and their names|
|East||Esh (shikhi), parjanya, jayanta, indra (mahendra), suraj (sun), satya (truth), bhrisha, sky.|
|South||Fire, poosha, vitath, grahkshat (demon), yamraj (yam), gandharva, bhringraj, mrig (deer), pitridev or nairoot.|
|West||Dauwarik, sugriva, pushpadant, varoon, asur (demon), shesh, disease.|
|North||Air, nag (cobra), bhallat, som, serpent, aditi, diti.|
In any type of work similar to the construction of house, it is very important to make arrangement for doing vaastu pooja (worship). So, one who do not make arrangement for vaastu poojan or calm down of vaastu while constructing house, he goes on facing disturbance in happiness and mental peace.
Place for vaastu poojan– To the selection of appropriate direction for vaastu poojan, the zodiac position of sun is observed i.e. in which zodiac sign the sun is located while worshiping. The zodiac sign in which the sun is located, worship is done in that direction along with zodiac sign. In given figure, the direction of sun location in different zodiac signs are describing clearly-
|The zodiac sign in which the sun is located.||Direction|
|Aries, Aquarius, Pisces||Eshan kon (north-east direction)|
|Taurus, Gemini, Cancer||Aagney kon (south-east direction)|
|Leo, Virgo, Libra||Naikritya kon (south-west direction)|
|Scorpio, Sagittarius, capricorn||Vayavya kon (north-west direction)|
Auspicious moment for foundation– Before construction of any type of house, it is said about doing foundation properly in auspicious moment according to rules and regulation. It has been described clearly in Vastu Shastra.
In the solstice of Leo, Virgo, Libra, the face of shesh is towards north-east direction, so it has been told for the people of these zodiac signs to do foundation in south-east direction.
In the solstice of Sagittarius, Capricorn, Scorpio, the face of shesh is towards north-west direction, so it has been told for the people of these zodiac signs to do foundation in north-east direction.
In the solstice of Pisces, Aquarius, Aries, the face of shesh is towards south-east direction, so it has been told for the people of these zodiac signs to do foundation in south-west direction.
But, south Indian experts of Vastu Shastra (astrologists) have told to do foundation only in north-east direction by ignoring all the directions. Well, it is not according to Indian experts, but it has been said due to the importance of north-east direction.-
Nirmane mandiranam cha praveshe trividheapi cha.
Vaastupooja cha kartavya yasmattam kathayamyatah.
While constructing house, it is very necessary to do vaastu poojan at the time of three occasions. After digging the land, the master of the house should need to be free from daily routine activities in the morning like- toilet, bathing, worshiping & prayer, putting on new clothes and then should sit on a clean and holy asanas along with his wife facing towards east or north direction according any auspicious moment. His wife should need to sit in south direction as said in ‘Sarvashu dharma karyashu patni dakshinatah subha’ as well as she should do aachaman (offering water around the place) with her right hand and do pranam three times. Acharya or pundit (Brahmin) should need to draw tilak (religious mark on forehead) and do the granthi bandhan of husband-wife.
Om apavitrah pavitro va sarvavastham gatoapiva.
Yah smaret pundareekaksham swahbhyantaran shuchih.
After that, they should sprinkle drops of water on their body after reciting given mantra and take poojan materials in hand like- akshat (religious rice), flowers, etc. and then they should need to read mangal shloka i.e. swastivachan. Then, they should remember lord Ganesha and do pranam as well as bow in the feet of their gurus (teacher) and should take his bless. After that,
After repenting promise, they should pronounce of deshkal for foundation work as well as for foundation and completion of all the works, they should do sankalp of the punyah vachan of lord Ganesha, mother’s poojan, aacharyadivaran, nine planets, vaastu purush, stone, land and foundation.
While doing worship of varoon and Deepak, they should need to do worship of lord Ganesha, welcome of Gods according to peace of house as well as should do worship by shodashopchar or available materials.
After establishing and worship of vaastu kasyap, fish, nag-nagin, etc. and after aachaman and namaskar of aacharya, they should read 16 mantras from sahastra sheersha purushah of purush sukta to yagyen yagyamayajant and then should recite given mantras with holding yellow mustard in left hand-
Yadatra sansthitam Bhutan sthanamashritya sarvada.
Sthanam tyaktava tu tatsarva yatrastham tatragachchatu.
Apasarpantu te bhrita ye bhuta bhoomi sansthitah.
Ye bhutavighnakararah te nashyantu shivagya.
Apakramantu bhutani pishachah sarvato dishah.
Sarveshamavirodhena nyasakarma samarbhe.
Bhutani rakshasa vaapi yeatratishthanti kechan.
Te sarveapyagachchantu nyasakarma karomyaham.
The abhimantrit (charged) mustard should be scattered in all the direction as well as first of all five stones and cones should be established in their place.
Snigdhadhi bhu bhag samutthitanam
Ksheer-swadeshottha phal drumanam.
Shila pramanah– The use and pramanah of stones has been described in shastras like-
Super 30 Vastu Shastra Tips
- Eliminating Vastu Dosh through Astrology Mechanism
- Fundamental Rule of Vastu Shastra
- Hindu Calendar
- House Construction Astrology
- Household life and theology
- How to remove Vastu Dosh from home
- Importance of vastu shastra in architecture
- Indian Astrology
- Indian Traditions and Theology
- Industrial Unit
- Number and Yantra
- Origin of Vaastu Purusha
- Pacification of Harmful Planets through Herbs
- Panchatatva: Five Elements of Vastu Shastra
- Prayer of Veda and Hindu Word
- Relation Between Vastu Shastra And Science
- Religious mark or sign of vastu shastra
- Secular Architecture of Ancient India
- Special tips and rules of vastu shastra about house construction
- Super 30 Vastu Tips
- Top 30 Vastu Tips
- Vaastu Principles and Their Conclusion for Different Places
- Vaastu Principles for a Bathroom
- Vastu And Five Elements
- Vastu Plants- Vastu Shastra for home interiors
- An essential part of Life
- Vastu Shastra and Rang Shastra
- Vastu Shastra tips for home, bedroom, kitchen, living room, house, toilet construction